Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mountain bluebird

The other day while waiting in a doctors office I saw a photo of little puffed up Mountain bluebirds huddled together against a fierce Wyoming wind. They are a favorite bird of mine, the females are a wonderful shade of buff and bright blues and the little males are the most gorgeous bright blue fading to pale underpinnings. Fantastic little birds.
Anyway I wanted to paint them, but wanted a quick immediate kind of painting not a long drawn out affair, and I wanted to paint them as fat and puffy as they really look when fluffed against the weather. The music fragment is from a very old hymn book.
It only took a couple of hours to do, I don't know if it was successful or not but there it is. Done.
Oh and I had to fight Burgess and the cats for my paint water every step of the way. What is with their odd obsession with paint water? So weird.

1 comment:

  1. What sweet chubby little birds!! Burgess and the cats just want your attention--like all little kids when mom is busy doing her own thing!!

    ReplyDelete