Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Thursday, November 10, 2011

Spiral Jetty

A friend and I went out to the west desert along the Great Salt Lake to see the Spiral Jetty. The lake was a bit high so only the top rocks of the Jetty were exposed, it was oddly misty over the lake, the far mountains were barely visible. They looked as if they were floating in air.
The alien sign tagged out in the middle of nowhere was pretty amusing.

Spiral Jetty, its much larger than it looks.

Great Salt Lake....

wide open vistas....

2 comments:

  1. Wow... A few of these pictures truly caught my eye. I love the one with the cloud mirrored in the lake below (is that real)? The picture of the alien sign was pretty humorous to me as well. However the picture I loved was of the Great Salt Lake (with the fog).. That's an image I could just stare at and write and write and write....

    ReplyDelete