Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Thursday, June 2, 2011

Icelandic wool

Last night I prepared some of the Icelandic wool for dying. The skeins are tied and ready to go.
And here is the scarlet wool, dyed and ready for knitting.
It was supposed to be a darker fire-engine red but I was too anxious to let it soak in the dye pot any longer, that's ADD for ya. I really love the color and I'm glad I didn't let it soak any longer, it is a great, watermelon red, like the inside of a really ripe melon. The Icelandic yarn has a slight sheen to it.
All in all I am pretty darn happy about it.
It seems though, that I cannot get the scripture out of my head, the one that says, "though your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as wool".

No comments:

Post a Comment