Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Monday, January 31, 2011

Watercolor


Years ago I read a book with a very interesting passage, unfortunately I did not write down the book or the author but I scribbled down the words that touched my heart.


"Tell me what else should I have done? Doesn't everything die at last and too soon? Tell me, what is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life."


I have no clue as to why the words touched me so, or why I scratched them below a Death-head moth, as usual I am clueless about most everything.
What I do know is that when other people question the things I do, I tell them, "because I am an artist". What an excellent phrase and a superb catch-all for all sorts of weirdness and mis-behavior. I highly recommend it.
The above painting is 4x6 inches and will available, matted and framed, in my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting quote. I hope you will let us know if you figure out the source.

    ReplyDelete