Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Tuesday, June 29, 2010

baby birds



New arrivals. These were found in someones dog yard. So they were brought to me.


One seems stronger and a bit older than the other, and the weakest was very dehydrated. Hopefully it will pull through.


The more active one is starting to ask me for food. There was a third one another couple brought by, it was taken right out of a cats mouth. It was an exceptionally young nestling and it died in the night. It must have been picked right out of it's nest. Poor little thing. I think it was a Goldfinch baby, some kind of finch anyway. It was about the size of the first joint of my thumb.


Hopefully these will do okay and can be released in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment