Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Friday, March 23, 2012

Crazy making.

Theoretically I should be painting, drawing or otherwise productive. This has not been the case. For the last week migraines have sapped my creativity, a migraine will suck the life right out of you like some mad vacuum intent on taking every last bit of grey matter.

Then when the headaches eased, I had the bright idea to organize my office, which happens regularly and is never a very good idea.
Usually I retire much later than Husbutt, so sometimes he wakes in the night, he used to ask me what I was doing, now he just sighs and goes back to bed, he knows the answer. I am either trying to organize or looking for something I thought I had organized and subsequently lost.

Anyway, as I have been plowing through stuff I am again reminded, sharply, how much stuff is in this little room where I spend most of my time. This room is like my brain, crammed full to overflowing and nothing organized or sequential. Holy bat crap there is a ton of stuff here and I can't get rid of any of it, I use it eventually.
Here is a list of just some of the "supplies".
quilt fabric
quilts started sewing
quilts started quilting
sculpture supplies,
doll making supplies
printmaking "
embroidery projects
linen
upholstery
oil paint
acrylic paint
watercolor paint
oil paintings started
acrylic paintings started
watercolor paintings started
prismacolor pencils, loads and loads of them
drawings for books
research
books for projects
books I m reading
yarn
wool
wool for rug making
three rugs started and on hoops
a ghastly number of knitting projects
boxes to hold all this crap
three cats
three dogs
canvas for projects
tv
sewing machine

Shall I go on?

I really need to finish some of this stuff, its just that everything is interesting and I get distracted with a new project, there is always the question of "what if..."

NO MORE PROJECTS


Also we got the bee hives this week. I will post pics when I can.

1 comment: