Flying Fox Studio

Just comments about my art, kids, animals and the eccentricity of it all.






Saturday, September 17, 2011

doll.done.

Well she is done.
She does not have a name yet, maybe it's Emma. She is 19.5 inches tall, handsculpted head and hands, her body is of canvas with a layer of gesso and tightly stuffed with cotton linters. Her face is painted with oil paint.
Her petticoat is lined and corded with a stiffened edging of cotton. she has pantaloons, a chemise and the dress is fully lined and removable. She aslso has a little padded bustle in the rear which is removable. I have made her as accurate as I can,to circa 1840-1850.
My camera is acting up, sigh, but I will get more pics as soon as I can and then she will be listed on my Etsy shop.

1 comment:

  1. She is really wonderful! and she does look like an Emma or an Abigail.

    ReplyDelete